Thursday, July 31, 2014

Haiku Deck

In an age where a PowerPoints can be long, wordy and over designed, Haiku Deck is a breath of fresh air. It is designed to keep presentations simple, well designed and succinct...and about the speaker. When I see a speaker essentially reading what is on the slide behind him, it's frustrating. I'd rather read a hand out! But when the slide support their comments it becomes and engaging talk.

This will put me to sleep:
http://cdn3.computerworlduk.com/













This will not:
http://core0.staticworld.net/














I have used Haiku Deck on my iPad many times. It's quick to learn, easy to share and beautiful.
You can also export the deck to PowerPoint to take advantage of any PPT functions you want. I've used it both ways and found that it is a great way to generate an outline for a larger presentation or a simple one to support a talk. I used it to do my presentation to the PTA about weeding the library. They loved it! This year I want to let the students use it and see what they can do...I'm sure I'll be surprised!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great alternative and a meaningful example!

    ReplyDelete