Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Graphite takes the "lead out" of finding apps!

Graphite is a site created by the folks at Common Sense Media to help K-12 educators sift through all the apps, games, websites, and digital curricula available online. Their staff of educators and other professionals provide reviews and recommendations and a growing community of users add tips, tricks and advice. I use this to help teachers as they look for new iPad apps. It's a tremendous help! 


I also point parents to it to use as a resource for understanding what it is their kiddos ask to play on iPads, iPhone and laptops. More than one parent has come to me asking about Minecraft and Graphite has helped them understand what and why a Creeper is a bad thing. (They are often surprised that I have my own Minecraft account.)

They also have a Common Core Explorer that I highly recommend. It has helped a few of my teachers convince the district to pay for certain apps because they could point to the CCSS the app was linked to. In this era of app-overload, Graphite is a must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment